Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"I put semen on my face"
"I take placenta for good skin"
"I swallow"
These are just some of the few quotes that goes to show the extent women go to for facial care! The last one is not meant to be X-rated..It is just a punchline for an advert for Imedeen pills (yes, it caused a BIG STIR in this ultra conservative Singapore small island).
The 1st quote, got it from the TV Show - Nip/Tuck. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually does that!! I mean people already do take placenta. Yes, it's true, it has been published in papers and TV actresses actually confessed to doing such bloody act!! Eeks, imagine eating those THINGS u pass out during birth. Puke, double Puke, Triple Puke...
The lengths people go to be beautiful. Maybe you would say "Hell no way i would put semen on my face". But, if it was mixed in a facial cream, you would NEVER know rite?? That was what happend in the TV show. Mixed in facial cream, proved to work wonders, but no-one knows the exact ingredients. So they'll continue to use, until one fine day - BOOM! The secret is out! So what do u do now? Sue the cosmetic company till they go bankrupt? Stop using the cream, which has proved to really work wonders? Would you do that? After using the cream for years, would you just stop 'cos u found out it has semen in it? Knowing makes it hard to stomach, but u have been applying it for years when it has been semen for years. So what do u do? U still want ur pretty face rite.. Me? I don't know. But well, in the 1st place, I would not have the money to buy such a cream (it would definitely cost a BOMB) Do you know how expensive those bloody creams are, when they are just a really small bottle!!!! OH well, I think people will still continue to use it, cos it really works! But of cos, it u had known what it contains in the 1st place, I would s'pose u might not want to try it.
Like the placenta! Yukes!!! Can't imagine looking at it while I eat... Would I eat it if I were not told what it was? Probably not, cos I don't take food that I don't recognise or I don't know. So if it looks foreign, it is a NONONONO for me. I'm not adventurous when it comes to food, I'm just not picky abt the quality.
Haiz..why am I on the topic of beauty care? Cos I'm having a terrible outbreak, from the stress and bloody late nights these 3 weeks. Not enuff sleep causes indigestions, puffy eyes, poor skin condition and makes people fat. Damn, don't even feel like looking at myself in the mirror. Idiot spots and pimples, make them go away!!! How to curb this bloody problem? Must go for more facials, slap on more creams n moisturisers if those help, and within my financial capabilities.
Well, let's not generalise and say women r beauty conscious. Oh pls, we'r in 2007 now. Time has changed, drastically! Now men r equally beauty conscious (n even more health conscious than us women) Everytime when we eat out, the guys will say things like - I've had too much, this is fattening, this translate to 10 more laps of running...eeks makes us gals look like greedy giants!! Ok, fine I know u hv to keep up with ur 6 or 8-pacs - hey, it is a good thing to have those pacs cos they really look good, esp cool if ur partner has those pacs (I like it if mine has those toned visible pacs, n i like it even more if I have at least a 4) But it just makes us look greedy! Of cos don pig out too much cos it is disgusting as well, but at least don't make us feel damn guilty abt eating all those food.
Yes, men r beauty conscious nowadays. Beauty salons for guys r sprouting up everywhere.. and guys r taking good care of their skin now! Facials, moisturisers, toner, u name it they have it. Heck, my bro has more skincare products than me!!! Well it's not a bad thing u know.. At least they know how to present themselves better..which helps in leaving a good impression on others. Well, i'm sure u wouldn't want ur boyfriends to always look sloppy or in torn-tattered clothes when going out right. If ur bfs look good, u'll feel good as well (just make sure u'r equally matched else people will start gossiping again)..I know i would like that.
Metrosexual - that's what they used to call guys who take care of their well-being, with a feminine touch or edge in them. Used to be called SNAG (Sensitive New Age Guy) but i think metrosexual sounds more apt. We should nurture more of such guys here in Singapore. Truly deeper lack those kinda guy...they should really learn how to be more gentlemanly. well at least it has somewhat improved through the years, but really they should learn n improve even more. Watched a show on MOnday night some weeks ago. Topic on the show - How do u propose to ur gf? And guess what? Most, if not all, the Singaporean guys on the show said this:
"Do you want to buy a flat?"
Faint!!
Yes, it is a common thing to say here because only when u get married, then u can apply for a new flat (unless u go private which is more expensive). So whenever, people get married, they would want to buy a flat. And that is the line most SG guys use here to propose to their wife-to-be. FAINT!! Can they be more creative!!!! n romantic!!! I would NOT agree to such a proposal. There's no effort put in it. It's like "well, that's the only way to go after so many years together, so might as well get a flat, settle down".. What the ****?? So unromantic and spoils the whole thing! We're not asking for a spectacular proposal with fireworks or some big wooha (of cos if u can afford it) just be more creative n romantic. NEVER use "do u want to buy a flat" as a proposal line! And gals out there, DO NOT agree to such a proposal! So Unromantic. Imagine years down the road, when u children or some pple ask u how did he propose, ur answer is "He asked if I want to get a flat" Double faint! eeks... Even unromantics like me would hate that kinda proposal line. Take me to effel tower (i think the spelling is incorrect) or some other places ahhahaha...kidding lar, it's not very possible anyway (hint hint).
Moral of the story -- I want to get rich hahaha (this is totally so unrelated) anyway, moral of the story? U go read n decide for ursef. I'm just writing cos i have not written for a long time (which explains the 3 entries I posted in 1 day!! I'm super efficient ok)
Ok back to stupid work. I hate the peak!!!

No comments: