Thursday, May 12, 2011

Random Ramblings

While I'm brainstorming and collating the information to blog about my Mulu trip (well ok it's more laziness to start an avalanche of writings), I shall post a short post about random ramblings.


Random Rambling #1



So what the hell is going on with Novak Djokovic? He's on fire man! 34 straight wins and going and he won every tournament he participated in, and in the midst, beating Nadal, the KING OF CLAY, on the king's favourite most formidable surface -- CLAY! In straight sets! That's a feat. I was not a fan of Novak, he was an arrogant, childish, no determination kiddo who thought the world about himself when he obviously failed miserably before. Who can remember him after his 1st AO 2008 win? Non memorable at all! But i must say, he's matured since then. ALthough there were still the occassional withdrawals (heat stroke, bad stomach etc etc), he stopped acting childish and became less arrogant. I still can remember how he thought he was so much better than anyone else (including Fed) but in the end still lost hahaha.. And those entourage of his esp the parents, bloody noisy and arrogant people. But since last year, think he has really matured and stopped all those nonsense. Seems like at least the men's tennis scene has brightened up a little once again. It was getting real boring. But I hope he stops his winning streak :) I don't like it when people exceed Fed's records



Random Ranbling #2



I've been thinking for quite some time, since Jan this year when I last went to the hairdresser. Long or Short hair this year? Yes, it has come to a point where I'm getting bored with my hair once again. What more transformation/changes can I do to my hair & image this time? I've done short, shorter and extreme shortness. Bob, crewcut, pixie. Maybe it's time for another change. I've had short hair most of my life (Pri 1-6 + Sec 1-4 + 2007-2011) that's like 14 years of my life, then 8 years of long hair from JC till EY days & a couple of years when I was a tiny kindergardener.



Maybe it's time to revisit the days of long hair -- More shampoo & conditioner required, longer time taken to dry it naturally (no hairdryer), gota tie it up whenever I exercise (else I look like Sadako), extremely hotness under the extreme Singapore weather, messy look when I wake up..



Maybe I will give my hair time to grow a little longer and get used to it...Maybe i'll decide to let it grow longer past shoulder length... Or maybe in the end, I'll decide to snip if off hahahha. You'll know come end June



Random Rambling #3



I'm having trouble getting my beauty sleep. Period. Ever since I came back from US in Jan.



Damn, what's wrong with me, I'm feeling tired almost always, but sleep just does not come easily. I'll sleep early but wake up in the middle of the wee hours (4-5am) feeling tired but refusing to open my eyes. Happens often such that I'm perpetually zombie-like. I think it's affecting my personal life. Sometimes i get so tired i just give up on going to the gym. & just look at the size of my eye bags.. Is there anyway to cure this? definitely not insomnia. I need more hrs of sleep but it's fighting a battle with me, and I'm losing, and I HATE LOSING!!



Random Rambling #4



I realize my blogs were alot more interesting in the past as compared to now. Am I losing it? Or am I simple just can't be bothered? I have 200 posts dating back to 2006 but just 13 in 2011, approx 20+ in 2010. Seems like i'm getting lazier and lazier...or is my life getting more and more boring?? ahahhaa...




A friend of mine had asked if i wana start a travel blog, and I think why not!? I've already been blogging about most of my personal trips and I like doing that. But i realise alot of my business + leisure trips/day tours are not updated in my blog, even though sometimes I do the most adventurous stuff during those business trips (like mountaineering in Korea, hiking Manly in Sydney). Maybe I should start refreshing my memories on those trips and put them down in words!



Side note, i've started compiling Montages of my past trips, getting there but not quite done yet.. It's nice to reminisce all the old photos and look at how I've changed (mentally and physically) Ahhh Those were the days. Plus, I've just uploaded my Russia Trip back in 2006 onto Facebook! Wow those were amazing photos! Even though they were taken with an old camera. Goes to show what a GOOD photographer can do with any equipment... Now i'm contemplating if i should upload some other earlier photos (2006 Chiangmai or 2005 Eastern Europe) Hmmm thinking...



Random Rambling #5



Ok, i've run out of ramblings but anyway i want to say this -- I'm starting a new job soon! In June! Yes, my 3rd job in my whole working career. So i'm looking at approx 1.5wks of break b4 my new job kicks in. Wondering if I should go somewhere.. But am abit lazy to sit down and plan where to go haha.. Anyone travelling in Asia? I'll just leech (I'm liking the word leech) on your itinery and travel plans?



Random Rambling #6



To Brace or Not To Brace, that is the question. My dentist told me last year that I can correct my slightly crooked teeth with braces! Wow it never dawned upon me to get braces. I've been so used to my crooked teeth haha..But hey, it can possibly improve my smile even further (of cos I have a fantastic smile now but who can argue with better) Plus, after the braces have been removed, you get a sorta sculpting effect on your face haha! Who can argue with sharper or smaller face...


Ok, maybe I should get started on my Mulu travelogue & photos... Procrastination is my biggest enemy. I'll put up a good post (don't I always do??) and amaze you with photos haha so that you will WANT to go mulu!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1) Go Novak Djokovic!!!
#2) Go short....
#3) you're troubled....
#4) Life getting boring, find a mate, start the blog..
#5) Start planning, dont be a leech, that's not u
#6) So....what wrong with your smile?

DianShan said...

Someone posted a comment which for whatever reason disappeared. So i'm re-posting the comment below:
From Anonymous (i know who you are now)
#1) Go Novak Djokovic!!!
#2) Go short....
#3) you're troubled....
#4) Life getting boring, find a mate, start the blog..
#5) Start planning, dont be a leech, that's not u
#6) So....what wrong with your smile?

DianShan said...

So now, My reply

1) Damn He & Nadal in the finals again. I wonder if this is the time he breaks the streak...

2) Really? I kinda wana try long and see how it goes

3) Troubled? But i don't have troubles

4) Haha true, so i need more adventures to help me find a mate and make my blog more interesting!!!

5)It's nice to be a leech once in a while. I'm too tired and lazy to plan from stratch

6) Nothing really, but who argues with better