Friday, February 02, 2007

The Entry with The Most IMportance!!

1st of All, Congrats to Roger Federer for achieving the PERFECT 10!! Grand slams i mean. Yes, this invincible man has won 10 grand slams since his 1st at Wimbledon in 2003. Amazing feat! Now he has to beat the world record of 14 slams won by Pete Sampras..well, that's only 4 more to go, no problem for him! He is just so damn dominating! More so than Pete Sampras was! It would be amazing if these 2 tennis players could play a match while still in their prime (Sampras can't do that now)
Back to the topic...
Yes, what started off as just a mere travel blog has blossomed and grown into a full length blog!! Full of my complains, comments and views of things ard me.. N now, finally after about 8 months, I'm into my 50th entry! Yes, that's silver anniversay, hence the title "The Entry with the most IMportance". Of cos this is impt. Well than, I must write more to show case my blogging skilss after 8 months hahaha...
i like to write alot...not those short short 2 para entries...not fulfilling enuff for me haha... if i wana write, might as well pour out all my thoughts. 2 para - too short. This entry shall be incoherent ahha...no particular topic, just random rumblings abt the recent happenings.
Attended a close ex-colleague's wedding on Sat - 27/1/07. The 1st of many more to come in these 2 yrs (2007-2008) so many pple r getting married that it's kinda scary! N most of them r from my batch, means same age or just slightly older. Got to hear of 2 other ex-classmates being married during a recent gathering with my secondary school friends. Scary! Long time no see or hear, suddenly the next thing u noe, they'r married. N they'r just like 25 at most? THat's super duper young to get married! B4 u can actually enjoy ur adulthood, play n have some fun, u'r married, n became somebody's wife! That sorta takes away most of ur freedom cos effectively, whatever u'r gg to do or have done, affects not just ursef, but ur spouse n the related family members. That's an even scarier thought! N u'r tied down with commitments, at such a young age!! Omigod! I can NOT accept that!
2008 is gg to be a super busy yr for weddingS! Already confirmed at least 3 frens of mine getting married. by getting married i mean really getting married, like the customary dinner n such. In chinese terms, ROM is not equivalent to being married (thought effectively by law u r). U need to go through the customary traditional way of the chinese wedding (i.e. the fetching of the bride n being sabotaged by the bridesmaids, the tea ceremony, the stupid wedding dinner). So there's going to be 3 wedding dinners for me to attend in 2008, n they belong to my closer frens, who r of the same or similar age group as me. Scary! That's like 26 years old n u'r labelled as married.
Y do people wana get married so early? I can nvr understand that. My ideal age of marriage is AT LEAST 28 yrs. That's when I feel i'll be more mature enuff for marriage life. Marriage life can be scary.. u have lost ur freedom of acting as an individual. U now hv to think bigger n wider. U hv to think abt ur husband, his family, ur own family blah blah... So many things to consider when u want to do sth. (unless both parties r v open, which is quite a rare case). So y tie ursef down with such things at such a young age?? Must enjoy more!
Anyway, marriage eventually is just a piece of paper for security. If u want to start a family, get married. If not, no hurry! Cos what's urs will be urs, nth can change that! So even if u get married, if that person is not destined to be with u, what's gg to happen is DIVORCE, which is even worse off than just a BREAKUP. Ok, i'm getting cynical n pessimistic. But it has truth in it. 1 fren of mine said this-"If u'r marriage, u'r covered for life" which means, if u get divorced, at least u get alimony n some form of compensation. True. But u get alot more sadness n trouble, esp if u hv kids. Hey, not trying to discourage pple from getting married. If u feel u'r ready for the challenge or that u hv reached that stage, go ahead! But pls don feel that "hey, we've been together for ages, next step shld just be marriage", that's not gg to wrk. It's a wrong mentality. U shld get married cos u feel that's where u want to be, maybe u wana start a family, u want to settle down, not just cos u feel hey 10 yrs together shld get married already. N Make sure that's the person u wana settle down with hahaha...
For me? 28 years at least..i still wana hang ard n play for a while, travel carefree ard the world. When u hv a family, travelling is not just 2 of u, it's a full family! N it's expensive! My client is now troubling over the amount of money she has to fork out to send 4 pple (2 adults, 2 children) to australia. That's a lot of money n alot of other considerations. So must enjoy ur own world longer haha...
That said, children? I'm not sure they r in my mind now. They'r troublesome ahaha too noisy n naughty. Well that's what i alwz see in public. Kids screaming n running ard wild, not listening to their parents... N more problems to come when they go to school, worrying abt their grades, what school they go to, how they will perform academically... I think i'll faint thinking abt these.. Sometimes, i think to myself if my kids become delinquent, i can't take it! If their grades r bad, I can't take it. Then again, pple kept saying to me that if it's ur own kids, u wun let that happen! But who noes?? Paranoid hahaha... But i think i'll slap my kids if they'r bad, which alot of parents nowadays do not do so cos they feel u shld teach them instead of punishing them.. Aiyo...so many troubles rite.. No kids also not bad rite?? Who knows...
Oh, i have to start training now.. Taking part in vertical marathon in Feb 25th. 66 storeys of stairs up the Republic Plaza.. Dono if i can take it. Stamina is not as good as b4, cos lack of exercise these few weeks due to the stupid peak period I'm in. Must start running n exercising more often now. I hope i wun collapse haf way up the 66 flrs. Hope i wun let my team down..
Oooo... CNY is coming in abt 2 wks' time. haiz..it's the time of the year again. Seriously, I do not quite like it. Have to travel all the way to M'sia to visit my relatives, stay at the boring plc with no entertainment for abt 2 days...c unfamiliar faces come visit...Boring... I wana go elsewhere for CNY. Escape CNY!! ahahah... I especially hate those silly CNY songs!! They are like on automation! Running again n again n again all over Singapore! N it gets worse in M'sia.. Get them outa my head!! Eeks... N as usual, my angbao money is minimal cos in Ringgit..n i don hv much relatives in Singapore so no use for me. Haiz... I wana escape CNY!!
Wow, I've achieved another super long post! Ha...Happy 50th anniversay BLOG!!

No comments: